Years ago, if one would ask about what kind of window would be best to install in their homes, the answer is pretty simple. After all, back then, one window was just as good as the other. The only consideration you had to make was the size, style, and colour of the window and its frame.
How times have changed. Now when the topic of windows comes up in discussions, you’d hear about features that you may have never heard of before. Yes, even windows are not spared from the advancements of technology – and that is a great thing. But for most homeowners, when presented with a line of features to choose from, that can be confusing, too.
So what are those amazing features of the best windows these days? Here is our list:
- With the continuous rise of energy costs, it is no surprise that manufacturers have invested a lot in creating windows that are highly energy-efficient. How do energy-efficient windows work? Well because your HVAC system does not have to work overtime and extra hard to counteract air leaks and drafts, you get to enjoy lower monthly bills, too.
- Everyone likes a well-lit room, especially if it’s natural light coming in through the windows. One problem with a room with lots of windows is that it tends to be quite noisy too. However, it’s not going to be a problem with modern windows now. George Kent’s windows, for example, are designed to reduce noise and they have ratings of being more than 20% better than others.
- Why invest in something that can easily be broken when you have the option of going with shatter-resistant glass? Our windows come with a lifetime warranty on glass breakage for both material and labour which no other competitor offers.
- You know how tedious window cleaning is? You probably do. Well, you’d be happy to know that our windows have the “Neat Glass” feature which is solar-activated. So no need for you to worry about spending your weekends cleaning your windows because with George Kent’s Enerview windows, the cleaning is done by the windows themselves!
- Gone are the days when you had to install screens to keep insects from your home. Those screens can easily affect the overall look of your home. For your home’s aesthetics and of course your family’s safety, our windows now come with the Fly Maze feature which will keep insects from entering your house.
These are just some of the most modern features that you can find in a window. George Kent Home Improvements make all these features available to you! So if you’re thinking of replacing your old drafty windows, now is a perfect time! Give us a call and we’ll talk about your options.